What we did today:
- Got organized, learned more about classroom routines.
- Silent Reading
- Beginning of the year Spelling assessment. (Beginning next week, we will do Spelling and Grammar on alternate weeks. For both, words/concepts will be introduced on Monday and there will be a quiz on Friday.)
- Art: worked on puzzle pieces
- Teacher read aloud: “No Talking” novel.
- First P.E.!
- Tried logging into laptops with new school district passwords. Everyone was successful! (We will be using Office 365 a lot this year. More info later.)
- Grade 3-5 Assembly
Coming home today:
- Student verification form (green). Please look over and write in any corrections. Sign the back and return to school. (If there are no changes to make, you still need to sign it.)
- Parent questionnaire (also downloadable below if your copy didn’t make it home). Please send back as soon as you have time to complete. Related: each student has a backpack pouch I purchased as part of their school supplies. It’s a great plan to use it for sending things to and from school.
- Coupon book order form – see Mrs. Kasper’s email from last night for info. (And if you didn’t get her email, please check the green form to make sure your email on file with the office is current.)
- Meet the Staff order form for BBQ on Sept. 22nd.
- Parent questionnaire – ASAP
- Green Student verification form – ASAP
- Meet the Staff BBQ order – DUE WED.
- $45 (cash or cheque) due for school supplies – DUE FRI.
- Coupon book orders – DUE THURS OCT 6.